Exponate

-

Oder-Haffkahn EMMA

The owner Paul Raddatz transported gravel or grain with the Oder barge EMMA until 1992: either with a three-masted sprit rigging along the coasts of the Baltic Sea or - pushed by a "pusher" - on the North German canals.

The masts of the square sprit rigged sails (they are spread diagonally from the mast by a log) were folded down while sailing on rivers and canals. Then a so called annternter bumper took over the propulsion, a dinghy with motor, which was attached laterally to the rudder and stern.

The German Maritime Museum was able to acquire the EMMA thanks to a donation by the former chairman of the board of the then Bremer Lagerhausgesellschaft (BLG), Dr. Rolf Fastenau. It has been in the museum harbour since 1994.

Building site:

       

Pölitz by Stettin

Year of manufacture:

 

1928/1929

Length

 

41,50 m

Width:

 

5,10 m

Draft empty:

 

0,46 m

Draft loaded:

 

2,90 m

Propulsion:

 

Sails or pushers with 120 HP
Sail surface:

 

240,00  m2

Surveying:

 

280 tons load capacity

Crew:

 

© DSM / Mareike Heger

Opening hours

daily 10 am - 6 pm

how to reach us

Deutsches Schifffahrtsmuseum
Hans-Scharoun-Platz 1
D-27568 Bremerhaven

Contact

T. +49 471 482 07 0
E. info@dsm.museum

Contact person

Information

Press area

direct download

.svgDSMlogo { fill: #fff; } .svgDSMType { display: block; } .svgDSMlogo { fill: #fff; } .svgDSMType { display: block; } .svgDSMlogo { fill: #002c50; } .svgDSMType { display: block; } .svgDSMlogo { fill: #002c50; } .svgDSMType { display: block; } .svgNavPlus { fill: #002c50; } .svgFacebook { fill: #002c50; } .svgYoutube { fill: #002c50; } .svgInstagram { fill: #002c50; } .svgLeibnizLogo { fill: #002c50; } .svgWatch { fill: #002c50; } .svgPin { fill: #002c50; } .svgLetter { fill: #002c50; }